Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It was here

It was here
In this silent morning
This cold kitchen
That I found god

How many nights did I suffer
Alone
How many moments
Did I doubt my reason for being here

I hit the bottom
Softly
No one knew but me
No one saw
How quickly the ground
Collapsed beneath me

I saw
And I felt it
And my anguish
Almost swallowed us all

But last night was different

I stood still
As the sun rose
Stood still
As the sky grew lighter
Stood still
As all my doubts dropped
Like broken glass onto the floor

There comes a moment
So subtle
When we can go no further
When hope is all but gone
When we alone
Afraid
At last surrender

And in this moment
We are transformed


The stillness no longer suffocates
The quiet no longer deafens

But instead we fracture
Into larger pieces of truth
Exploding in all directions

And when we are done expanding
When we have finished sleeping
Within the womb of the universe
We collapse back into
This fragile body
This beating heart

No comments:

Post a Comment